Given my impending recital and then cross-country move, my blogging schedule is about to become wildly erratic, so instead of putting out Yet Another Take on the Orlando shooting (let’s be real, there are already more than enough white voices involved in that conversation anyway), I want to outline what my plans are as far as the blog goes so that we’re all on the same page and no one is surprised by a lack of Content they were expecting.
So here’s what’s ahead:
- Due to rehearsals, there won’t be regular posts for the next ten days. But! I will be seeing Anatomy Theatre on the evening of the 20th, and I’ll be writing a review of it for New Classic LA, which should go live sometime in the early afternoon of the 21st.
- On Sunday, June 26th, I’ll play my farewell recital — there’s going to be a livestream! The details are all over at the Facebook event; it would be lovely to have you listen in if you can!
- There will definitely be regular posts on July 1, 4, and 8. I’m not 100% sure when I’ll be deactivating the internet at my apartment, and that will determine whether or not there will be posts on the 11th and 15th. I want to end with a Friday post, and it will be Very Obvious which one is the last one.
- I’m going to be seeing Grey Gardens on the evening of the 8th. I’m not sure I’ll have thoughts to share, but if I do, there may be an unexpected mid–week post about it. I’m just gonna play this one by ear.
- At some point, probably in August, I’ll upload video recordings of the recital, and I’ll be posting those here.
- I just started reading John Eliot Gardiner’s Music in the Castle of Heaven and I can already tell that I’m going to have Thoughts about it, but I can also tell that there is absolutely no way I’m going to finish it before I get to New York, so I’m going to tentatively say expect a review of it sometime in August, likely after the recital recordings are up. Depending on how the move goes, this may not happen, but I’d like to plan on it for now.
And then I’ll be at Tisch! And I can already tell that there is absolutely no way I’m going to be blogging regularly once the program starts. It is possible that I’ll have the time and energy for a periodic Long Post here or there, but it will be an irregular, ad-hoc thing, not a weekly schedule. Phew! Thank you all for your patience with the recital hiatus, and I’ll catch you again for a last huzzah when it’s over!